What is your New Year’s resolution for 2022?
Here are ten of the most popular New Year’s resolutions according to a recent survey:
1. Become more active: Some people don’t really have a big weight problem, and they even get some exercise a few times a week, but they just sit around the most of the time at home and at work, which can have a negative effect on their posture and health. In that case, all you need is to find ways of moving around more throughout the day instead of staying hunched over the computer. It’s even more fun if you share your activity with friends and family.
2. Learn a new skill or hobby: Trying a new activity or learning a new skill benefits brain and body. The average UK adult hasn’t tried a new activity or hobby in five and a half years, despite 80% feeling positive effects on their wellbeing when they do.
3. Give up cigarettes: A bad habit that a lot of people don’t know how to kick, smoking will not only endanger your health, but can burn a hole in your wallet as well. Just be prepared to dedicate a lot of will power to giving up cigarettes once and for all.
4. Earn more money: Everyone is always looking for ways to earn more money, we can definitely use an additional source of income to make life a bit more comfortable. There are plenty of options available, like having sidejobs, or using the internet to your advantage.
5. Lose weight: This is the top resolution for Americans, and combined with “exercise more” and “stay fit and healthy” it is something that over a third of the population wishes to achieve. It’s easy enough to start an exercise and diet program, but the trick is to find a decent one that will give you steady results and will be easy to stick to in the long run.
6. Become more confident and take some chances: If you are confident it is much easier to have your opinions heard, ask people out on dates, get ahead at work and lead a much happier life overall.
7. Meet new people: Get out and socialise rather than staying in at home. Go out with people that you already know or try a new activity and in so doing meet new people and have some fun.
8. Start eating healthier food and drink less: This is usually an extension of losing weight. Switching to a healthier diet can be difficult when we are surrounded by cheap junk food. You will need a good amount of determination and some basic tips to slowly develop healthier eating habits.
9. Stop procrastinating: The biggest barrier that keeps most people from reaching their goals is the desire to relax and do something fun instead of working hard. Once you get used to procrastinating it’s difficult to snap yourself out of it, so you’ll need to put in a lot of work to change this bad habit.
10. Declutter: Whatever your new year’s resolution, having a bit of clear out in the home or in the office will help you to get the right mindset to achieve any of your new year goals. Each winter season brings more ‘stuff’ that we need to find a home for, so now it’s the perfect time to sort through and make way for the new.